Dot’s right.

by Erin on August 25, 2006

Suzy Perette dot dress

Lisa S. sent me this one, and isn't it gorgeous? I love the bronze-y, milk chocolate color with black dots — so much easier to wear than just plain bronze, because you can always find black shoes. Bronze, not so much.

It's at Cherry Red Vintage, it's B36/W28, and it's only $58, which is really, really good for Suzy Perette. Did I mention it was Suzy Perette? Well, it is. And, in fact, if you click that link above (the "Lisa S." one), you'll see a wonderful article from Baltimore Style (coincidentally, I think that would be a great name for a band) in which her OWN Suzy Perette (with her in it) is featured!

I do believe I have the most stylish readers in the blogosphere …

Kaby August 25, 2006 at 9:07 am

You mention in the December link that you were having trouble finding out anything much about the label.Vintage Fashion Guild have a few notes on the subject, and I came across this intriguing obituary in the New York Times.Thanks for the dresses!

Ladygrande (Texas Marie) August 25, 2006 at 11:12 am

Love that dress! Thanks for sharing it.Marie

Anonymous August 25, 2006 at 11:51 am

I followed the Lisa S. link and was mesmerized with her description of the construction details of her dress: boning to support and shape the bodice! a petersham waistband to support the weight of the skirt!Sigh! I’m such a sewing nerd. I even know where to buy REAL petersham ribbon:http://www.thesewingplace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=63All I need now is a dress to use it in. I already have boning tucked away in my sewing room.CMC

Gidget Bananas August 25, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Oooooooh, I’ve been looking for fabric just that color (which I’d call copper, not bronze, but that’s just a metallic quibble). The dots are just a bonus. The rest of the dress is absolutely fab; shawl collar, 3/4 sleeves. Wow.

Gidget Bananas August 25, 2006 at 12:11 pm

Summerset August 25, 2006 at 2:26 pm

Fab dress! I love the whole thing, color, style, the belt!

Hecate August 25, 2006 at 3:25 pm

My grandma would feel right at home in that dress.

whenimsixty4 August 25, 2006 at 6:00 pm

I love this one too! Nice point about the shoes, I’d never be sensical enough to think of something like that. I have a friend who’s looking for a band name, and I passed Baltimore Style on to him (he’s in the U.K. though, so I wonder if that affects anything). Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Anonymous August 26, 2006 at 9:53 am

Saw this great vintage site: http://shop.adorevintage.com/Lots of cute things, I’m partial to this one (http://shop.adorevintage.com/av129.html), but too bad it’s sold.

Gidget Bananas August 27, 2006 at 3:09 pm

I love everything about this dress; the collar, the 3/4 sleeves, the fabric (which I’d call copper, but what’s a metallic between friends?).

Marji August 29, 2006 at 8:06 am

real petersham trim (the good stuff, not the new rayon petersham) is also available at MJ Trim in NY – they have a website.I love love love this dress.

La BellaDonna August 31, 2006 at 4:22 pm

I would so wear this dress to work. And I have the perfect hat to go with it already. It’s totally beautiful, and if it could house a bigger bosom, it would be mine …

Anonymous September 1, 2006 at 12:45 pm

I had the exact same dress in a peacock blue color. But that was a few years and lbs. ago so someone else is enjoying it now. It was too pretty to keep it locked in a closet!