Merry Christmas!

by Erin on December 25, 2006

Simplicity 5060

Many, many thanks to Nora Needles, who tipped me off to this pattern … and which, thanks to the miracle that is eBay (It's from ebay seller Stella Blue … ), is now mine. Merry Christmas to me!

Soon I will have every midriff pattern ever made, and then I can begin to construct them all to outfit my midriff-banded robot army. They will fan out across the land and bring my rule of justice and pretty dresses to all. (Limited exceptions will be made for conscientious-dress objectors.)

And another big thank you to all who donated to Heifer International this year … I think I still owe you all one or two more drabbles, which I hope to have done by Wednesday or Thursday … after that, new Duro pictures! And sewing room pictures! I promise!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Zoltar Panaflex December 25, 2006 at 2:11 pm

Wow, my mother had this pattern – she made herself a dress out of some magenta color fabric – and it looked wonderful on her – the dress turned out very nice too. She made a lot of party dresses since she was so social, and it wasn’t worth it to buy new dresses all the time.It’s great to see this pattern again. I ought to lift all my mother’s patterns off her – she has quite a collection – but not as many as I have!

Anonymous December 25, 2006 at 9:15 pm

Merry Christmas, Erin! Thanks for making the season even a little brighter.

Robinson December 25, 2006 at 9:58 pm

That first view is sort of duro-esque, isn’t it? It just has a high neckline instead of a low one.Merry Christmas!

Irene December 26, 2006 at 12:37 am

Just discovered your blog…and boy, am I glad!Merry Christmas! Hoping to find more lovely dresses in your blog closet in the coming new year! =)

Nora December 26, 2006 at 9:01 am

Hooray! I’m so glad you got it. That Stella Blue has some nice patterns. I can’t wait to see this one made up! V. much looking forward to the pix.Merry Christmas to you!

Anonymous December 26, 2006 at 12:39 pm

And this Vogue vintage reissue (V2934 on the Vogue pattern website) might be just the jacket to go with this dress. I thought of Erin and her Duro dresses and midriff-banded dresses when I saw this.http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V2934=x&TI=20001&page=1CMC

enc December 26, 2006 at 4:08 pm

Let me join the midriff army!

enc December 26, 2006 at 4:09 pm