Bacon dress!

by Erin on July 2, 2009

Bacon dress

Thanks to Ben for this link to the Bacon Dress. You can read more about it here.

Of course, you'd want to accessorize with this and these. And don't forget this. If you're wearing it to a party (which I hope you are, because wearing a bacon dress to sit around at home and get grease on your own couch seems pretty sad), you could wrap a present in this. If someone gets too close to you with their fork, you could cover the resulting puncture wounds with these.

But I still don't know what this is all about.

Joni July 2, 2009 at 8:37 am

too funny! I saw the words bacon dress and immediately thought of Archie McPhee…

Anonymous July 2, 2009 at 9:02 am

I thought of Archie McPhee too. No time to search, but there was also a bacon tuxedo there last time I looked.And its not really bacon, and its home decor not clothing, but this amuses me way more than it should: http://wurstteppich.de/ Ems Mom

jimena July 2, 2009 at 9:14 am

lol! … baconmania …

Elrond Hubbard July 2, 2009 at 9:22 am

Im proud to have been the one to tip you off for todays post. I was sure one of your fashion informants had found it first!The thought of this bacon dress makes me slightly nauseated. But I do eat bacon occasionally, and other meats for sure, so I cant complain.The coolest aspect of the animal protection movement has one of its leaders in a former housemate of mine who started New Harvest, which is researching growing meat as tissue culture. Perhaps bacon for dresses could come from this too. http://www.new-harvest.org/default.phpIts still in experimental stages. Indeed, growing our own oil from algae (or other second-generation biofuel sources) is closer to commercial scale than growing meat as tissue cultures. http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/04/01/algae.oil/index.htmlNow how about an algae dress to support this movement!

Trudy Callan July 2, 2009 at 9:26 am
Lisa Simeone July 2, 2009 at 9:26 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Libby Fife July 2, 2009 at 9:35 am

Fine ham abounds!

mickey July 2, 2009 at 9:44 am

I do not like this, Sam-I-am;I do not like it on my bodI do not think it is modThe grease would mess with my machineThe mess would be so hard to cleanThe dogs would follow here and thereThe dogs would follow everywhereI could not sit, my dress to blameI could not stand near an open flameI do not like this dress ohamI do not like it, Sam-I-am!

The Vagabond Priest July 2, 2009 at 10:52 am

Dear mom, Im frightened. Please come get me and lock me in a nice, safe closet. Even my fridge of tofu and vegetables cannot give me solace right now. Thanks, The Vegetarian

Anonymous July 2, 2009 at 11:08 am

Mickey, youre a genius – thats very funny!I didnt think of Dr. Seuss, but did think of the Mythbusters. I now want the bacon dress wearer to measure everything about this dress, most importantly, at exactly what time on a day in July would this dress be done? Ha!Dawn

Anonymous July 2, 2009 at 11:08 am

I think the bacon + hat means to use the bacon as a hat band in place of the usual decorative ribbon.Denise

Liz in Ypsilanti July 2, 2009 at 11:23 am

Isnt the hat a Homburg? So…. its a triple bacon homburger? The IP address is very tantalizing. Its a clue of some sort.Liz

Lisa Simeone July 2, 2009 at 11:39 am

Maybe its about Francis Bacon (the old one, not the modern one):http://www.sirbacon.org/gallery/baconhat.html

Cookie July 2, 2009 at 12:41 pm

I do like bacon…but not RAW bacon. Yikes!Im afraid I cannot support the wearing of this dress, as it could cause salmonella outbreak.

lucitebox July 2, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Oh, my! Whoda thunk to make a Vitamin B dress? Vitamin B–thats what I call BACON! Alas, Im probably not in the best of health due to my RFDA of Vitamin B.

Hana July 2, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Ew… as Im quite a lover of bacon myself, I definitely think it was wasted… the bacon, I mean.Now, if that wasnt real bacon but fabric looking like it, THAT would be cool. The colour is actually quite pretty as a colour in itself.

Kate July 2, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Perfect attire for the conference where you are handing out meat cards (business cards printed on beef jerky)www.meatcards.com

CHICKDOWNTOWN.COM Sarah July 2, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Haha. This is one of the funniest dresses I have ever seen. I like the pictures with it

Stitches and Loops July 2, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Hmm – I am stuck somewhere between slightly nauseated and hungry!I do so hope it was not sunny and hot the day of the party…

Lisa @ the Vintage Fashion Library July 2, 2009 at 2:40 pm

That just really grosses me out, in every way possible. And I love bacon.

Jennifer Murphy July 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Um…why?

gwensews July 2, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I cannot tell you how utterly (pun intended) uninviting that dress and accessories is to a vegetarian! Who woulda thought?

Anonymous July 2, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Eeeekkk Swine flu

hasoon July 3, 2009 at 5:35 am

Great work, Mickey. :D

Sara July 3, 2009 at 11:31 am

My goodness. That is….something! I love the oddball stuff you post sometimes!

MissPinky July 5, 2009 at 6:20 pm

I too am a vegetarian and do not like the dress! I am sorry, I like EVERYTHING else you post but this one makes me sad! I love my animal friends and want to cry when people have a giggle over depictions of their dead muscles and flesh.

MissPinky July 5, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Oh dear, I thought it was just a print of salami or bacon and now I see it is the real thing…how awful.

indigotangerine July 6, 2009 at 12:17 am

stunt dress of a lifetime! I actually have the bacon band aids but it actually looks kind of fleshy and disgusting-indigo

ali September 13, 2010 at 8:07 pm

hey! could you plllllease give me some info on where you got the fabric to make this dress!? LOVE IT… need it for a project! any insight will be helpful!