Robots 4 U

by Erin on July 29, 2009

Moving has eaten my brain PLUS I'm traveling for work this week, so in place of any coherent post, I bring you ROBOT ART, courtesy of Etsy. (As always, click on the images to visit the listings.)

robots and blasters

Robots in love. With guns. What is better than that? Nothing.

robots and commerce

These are the robots capitalism was supposed to bring us. Where are they?

robots yelling

Even robots get cranky.

robot earrings

Awwwww, robot earrings!

robot earrings

Robots + cupcakes, two great memes that taste great together!

And one last one:

robot fabric

Robot fabric! I wish there was more than one yard …

Here's hoping that robots put YOU in a good mood, too. Happy Wednesday!

Barbie Crafter July 29, 2009 at 8:59 am

Love the robots! I think the earrings may be my favorite. They certainly put me in a good mood. Thanks for the fun photos!

Myra July 29, 2009 at 9:12 am

Oh, buy the one yard, you know you want to, make a blouse and a solid skirt or a two toned dress…

Cindy July 29, 2009 at 9:13 am

You have a lot going on! Good luck with the changes. Glad you are still able to post during the hectic time too.

Dzesika July 29, 2009 at 9:25 am

That second one down is actually a star projector from a planetarium – I know because I used to operate one for a living. Now Im drooling over that print on Etsy :) … thanks!

Sal July 29, 2009 at 9:31 am

I adore the cranky robot. He shakes his tiny fists at the sky!

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 9:36 am

Oh my god, that robot fabric is the cutest thing ever!-Sandra

Lydia July 29, 2009 at 9:40 am

Ha! I do a search for robot on Etsy every once in a while, too!

Trudy Callan July 29, 2009 at 9:43 am

Fun! My son would love these robots.

Lisa Simeone July 29, 2009 at 9:54 am

Erin, you are a trip! : )

Mars Tokyo July 29, 2009 at 10:13 am

Not to mention Marilyn Monrobot

Robin Edgerton July 29, 2009 at 11:23 am

im really partial to those old Fortune mag illustrations from the 30s–seriously beautiful, industrial art…have a few of them but wish i had more.

Birgit July 29, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Business travel and trying to move at the same time? Good luck!Funny timing on the Robot post, as I got an email on a sale for robot (and other) fabrics:Abstract Robot Interlockor thisRobot Rib KnitI wish they were woven fabrics…

dudara July 29, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Just bought the angry robot print – I absolutely adore his little angry fist

Gabrielle July 29, 2009 at 6:37 pm

I LOVE robots! :) Might have to pick me up a set of those robot earrings. Theyd look mighty cool dangling from my robot-lovin lobes.

oracle July 29, 2009 at 8:12 pm

That cranky one looks more grimly revolutionary, to me. The fist in the air, the grimace, and all.

Solo July 29, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Im not really into robots. But those robot earrings catch my attention. =DSoloTravel and LivingJob Hunt Pinoy

Hana July 30, 2009 at 1:04 am

That second one down is actually a star projector from a planetarium- thats exactly what I wanted to write! I did not use to work in a planetarium, but its such a specific shape that I cannot forget it.

Anonymous July 30, 2009 at 9:03 am

Sew while listening to They Might Be Giants *Robot Parade*ch

Emily July 30, 2009 at 11:05 pm

I just bought a yard of that fabric to make a dress for my 2-year-old daughter. Thanks for the tip!

mamafrog July 31, 2009 at 2:30 am

I just bought the cutest robot themed flannel fabric off ebay for my grandsons quilt-in-progress!

Woman In Plus Size Dress July 31, 2009 at 5:46 am

The robot ear rings are really cool. Can you tell me where to get it? Thanks!

Cookie July 31, 2009 at 1:14 pm

I have not been affected by robots in this lifetime, as of yet, and so remain neutral to them. But I DO think similar earrings in different colors are cute. Mix it up a little, you know? They become more like charms on a bracelet than a perfectly matchy-matchy pair. What you can do is buy 2 sets of earings of the same make (but different color or whatever), switch the partners, and give the other resulting set to an adventurous friend. I did this with Mexican earrings (matching a rooster and a donkey) and also some tiny pressed flowers in turquoise and/or yellow glass. My sister liked her set because they were real conversation starters. People would say, Do you know youre wearing different earrings? and shed say, Yes! Isnt it great?

SJ July 31, 2009 at 6:21 pm

My robotic arm is in love with your robot fabric. Hot and electric!

SJ July 31, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Whoops – Blogger doesnt want me to share capitalisms real robots with the world! Here are the robots the future hath wrought – this robotic arm is not unlike Fortunes hallucinations. But they never expected the robots to flourish… IN SPACE!

Olson July 31, 2009 at 9:54 pm

Check out my robot art: http://www.sero.etsy.comRobots in Love illustrations!