Regretsy? I’ve had a few.

by Erin on November 6, 2009

Regretsy Monster Dress

Robin sent this link from Regretsy — you must click through and read all the comments. I try to stay off Regretsy as there are not enough hours in the day as it is, but if you see anything as miraculously demented as this, please feel free to send me a link.

Of course, when I was looking at it, I thought, "Wow, if they had just hoiked it up a bit so that the flappy eyebrows were the top of the dress, this might actually work." Then I thought "Man, it would be horrible to try to get crumbs out of that skirt." Then I decided I needed more caffeine, and went and got some.

What does this dress make you think you need? Other than a strong drink and a hug from a *live* Muppet? And has anyone cross-referenced this dress with the Muppet Wikia to see what beloved character was trapped and skinned to make this7?

Sal November 6, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Im gonna have nightmares about that dress.

Birgit / Stitches and Loops November 6, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Hm – the eyes on top of the dress may have created a somewhat unfortunate co-placement…As a costume, it is sort of cute, though…

the_lazymilliner November 6, 2009 at 12:53 pm

thats what you are / Unregrettable alhough near or far … That someone so unregrettable / Thinks that I am unregrettable too….Isnt that what Nat King Cole would say?

Lemondrop Marie November 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I have to admit, I adore this dress. I would want it if I found it in my size. But I most certainly cannot be blamed because I have a background in literature and education of young children that has obviously messed with me big time. LOVE the post, thanks!

bani November 6, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Okay, Id never heard of Regretsy. Ill be stuck there for HOURS now. You FIEND.

Eirlys November 6, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Regretsy: a cute concept. This dress: not so cutesy. Nuff saidsy.

Cookie November 6, 2009 at 4:48 pm

I would call this dress a…lapse.

bladerunner November 6, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Looking at her face and pose, I cant decide if I feel sorry for the model or not.

Emily November 6, 2009 at 6:03 pm

To me, the most baffling thing about this dress is the effort put into it. BONING? Invisible zippers? Crikey.

Pinup Dresses November 6, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Its like Katy Perrys eyeball dress at the MTV Europe Awards last year: http://tinyurl.com/64glos

Pattern Junkie November 7, 2009 at 8:29 am

Im not crazy about the eyeball top, but would I love a loopy yarn skirt like that? Yes, I would.

Jen November 7, 2009 at 8:38 am

Go ahead and take pot shots at this costume. The designer is laughing all the way to the bank–shes sold at least 6 of these!What this says about people who have excessive $$$ to spend, Im afraid to say…

Susanne November 7, 2009 at 9:22 am

Thanks for telling me there is a Muppet Wiki. I didnt knew! Made my day.

WeirdRockStar November 7, 2009 at 10:29 am

Believe it or not, I too figured if only those eyes could be hoisted up…

Theresa November 7, 2009 at 5:29 pm

I could see it as some kind of weird Halloween costume… of course everyone would ask you what you were supposed to be…Muppet Wikia! going there now…math test be damned! (im supposed to be doing homework.)

shellebelle November 8, 2009 at 11:56 am

The Muppet in question, I believe, is Red Fraggle from Fraggle Rock. Its very odd indeed.

Cassie November 8, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Even if you fix the eyes, which would make pupils problematic, youre still dealing with… well, wheres the mouth? My brain went bad places with this one. I may just be that filthy.

Anonymous November 9, 2009 at 4:44 am

love the dress!

Lisa Simeone November 9, 2009 at 6:25 am

Regretsy. Regretsy.I am so dizzy with wonder and awe, I dont even know what to say.

litbrit November 9, 2009 at 7:41 am

I havent even ventured to Regretsy yet–Im saving it for my lunch hour(s) (ha), but I wanted to say that this dress is…well, uniquely fabulous. Its as witty as anything Castelbajac did in the 80s (anyone remember the teddy-bear coat?, and as wonderfully silly (and gutsy) as Bjrks hilarious swan dress.Could a muppet-themed red-carpet moment be on the horizon?

lucitebox November 9, 2009 at 11:45 am

I see quite a few of these sold. I want someone who bought this to come over here and tell us about the wearing of it, please. We need details.

Theresa November 9, 2009 at 12:07 pm

I have to say the model looks like shes in the midst of a major regretsy over taking the job.

Michelle November 9, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Oh, there is one more that is not just miraculously demented, its highly disturbing and wrecktastic as well – its craftastrophe.net – its tagline: because handmade isnt always pretty.Just a warning – often the posts are NSFW. It was through craftastrophe, though, that I learned that taxidermy truly knows no bounds; some people who felt wool should be taken out back and horsewhipped, and yet others shouldnt be allowed within 20 MILES of a sewing machine.

Anonymous November 11, 2009 at 2:25 pm

It looks like a Chuzzle. If you like Tetris and those little gameboards that you move the squares around to make a picture you need to know chuzzle. Google it and get a free download. Addictive.Stunt dressing–but for what event?JenL

Anonymous November 11, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Remember the Fry Guys from the McDonalds commercials? Back in the Hamburgler, Grimace days?this is obviously a fry guy costume – turned sexy for a grown up halloween! I kid, I kid!

fadedstitch November 14, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Umm, craftastrophe, what a concept. Dibs to whoever created this whimsical piece, I would not have the courage to place it on a professional model as my boyfriend would laugh me out of the house first. It must be a huge hit on sesame street.

baju muslim zahra November 18, 2009 at 1:10 am

funny dress

Darrin November 20, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Mmmmmman what a link! I could spend hours there! LOL!

Anonymous November 24, 2009 at 7:01 am