Oh! Yes, please.

by Erin on December 8, 2009

Sarai of Colette Patterns sent me links to her new dress patterns, and I looooooove this one.

Colette Rooibos Dress

Leaving aside the photo styling, which I find very appealing, it's also a lovely dress. The teeny collar! A midriff band! Instructions for piping the neck and armholes. And (of course) POCKETS!

Here's the line drawing:

Colette Rooibos Dress

Click on either image to visit her shop listing … as soon as I sew roughly eight more versions of the Heidi dress, I may be heading her way myself!

Lydia December 8, 2009 at 8:20 am

*unf* Gorgeous!I need a new dress for my department holiday party and this would be perfect. Alas, the party is Sunday the 13th so this pattern wouldnt arrive in time. Maybe next year, though…

Glamour Girl December 8, 2009 at 8:27 am

Could be very chic. But as pictured, only for 20-somethings. For anyone older than that, it needs to be longer. (I dont sew, but Im guessing that those of you who do would know how much more material to buy to lower the hem.)

Nicole December 8, 2009 at 8:27 am

I love the Colette patterns, but I have yet to buy any because they look a bit too advanced for my beginner sewing skills.

sheila / Out of the Ashes Collectibles December 8, 2009 at 8:34 am

Looks very 60s Butterick in style. Could be that special Little Black Dress for the holidays!

Gertie December 8, 2009 at 8:46 am

I was one of the testers for this design, and my version turned out great! Mine is not quite as short as pictured here. I wear it to work with tights and find it completely office-appropriate.

Packrat December 8, 2009 at 11:08 am

For most people, this is a very becoming style. I LOVE it.

Anonymous December 8, 2009 at 2:36 pm

This is a nice dress. Just need it a little longer below the knees. Id also prefer long sleeves. I like that tan jacket. and of course like you Erin, I LOVE THE POCKETS!

Nancy Bea Miller December 8, 2009 at 2:44 pm

How charming!

Darla: Retro Ways December 8, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Her patterns are stunning.Love the colors in that dress and jacket goes together like a dreamDarlaretroways.blogspot.com

Garnet December 8, 2009 at 3:18 pm

I adore the jacket pattern. The dress, Im a little meh on. I think its the collar. Its too small and indecisive. Is it a collar, or is it a facing? Whatever. ;PI do however, adore the blouse pattern. Its elegant.Garnet

Theresa December 8, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I love all the patterns on her site and will take one of each, please Santa Claus.

Joni December 8, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Ooh, I really like the Ceylon. Gorgeous forties styling and… is that a fauxlero I spy? Why yes, it certainly is!

bradkim December 8, 2009 at 5:54 pm

I think all of her patterns look like they are too tight for the models. Like they would be uncomfortable. But thats just me. A little more ease and they are lovely.

Shopping Cart Software December 8, 2009 at 11:50 pm

Pretty good to watch out. Thanks

Becky O. December 9, 2009 at 7:00 pm

I just pre-orderd this and the blouse, plus I have two of her *older* patterns. Love the details and the instructions are wonderful. I am dreaming of what fabric I will use for the dress first….

Nora December 10, 2009 at 8:26 am

Cute! I love how her patterns are named after teas, too. Ive read good things about them on Pattern Review.

tcarole December 10, 2009 at 1:23 pm

I love the Ceylon dress even more. I bet that dress would flatter any figure. Thanks for reminding me about this site.

Cookie December 11, 2009 at 12:38 pm

I like the design, without the little collar.Inexplicably, everything looks so short to me, recently! Whats wrong with garments JUST above the knee, or even 1/2 below? Short dresses are looking kind of kindergarten-ready to me all of a sudden.

Cookie December 12, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Still, I see the version on the right in thin black velvet, with slim 3/4 sleeves added. Length just below the knee, as stated above, and fill in the neckline with a chunky, triple stand of pearls. This is the kind of dress youd want in a few colors….turquoise velvet would be next. Then maroon. Then maybe a rich purple.

Anonymous December 13, 2009 at 12:34 am

Cookie is right. Sometimes short dresses like this can look kindergarten-y (not sexy). The proportion here is all wrong, making the model look chunky.Its not a collar, its an exposed facing.I love me some pockets, but the placement here is unfortunate. They point to her tummy and draw attention to the widest part of the body.Great colors!

Some Like it Vintage.com December 13, 2009 at 8:24 am

That is a perfect little dress that would be appropriate for almost all seasons!Drop by my blog for 12 days of giveaways!

Marla December 13, 2009 at 5:47 pm

I also love the photo styling. Orange polka dot lining, what could be better??

ed hardy December 13, 2009 at 9:06 pm

I found your blog many months ago and instantly related to you your appreciation for fashion

ed hardy December 14, 2009 at 2:00 am

You have a nice blog with useful information and your blog is the best fashion blog I really like it! You really know your stuff. Everything on here just looks amazing! i am truly inspired! Thanks!

ed hardy December 14, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Well Im always happy to see people supporting knitwear, since thats what I sell! LOLI can see why that is your dream storage system, its beautiful!

MadeByAmanda December 15, 2009 at 10:17 am

I have looked at the Collette patterns longingly for some time, but her size 0 is still two inches bigger than my bust (and in real life, I do not wear a 0 in most brands). Alas, I just have no interest in grading patterns. Im all for extending the size range of patterns, but I would appreciate it more if it didnt eliminate the size I actually wear.

the_lazymilliner December 17, 2009 at 3:44 pm

I like the surprise of the lining in the coat better than anything else!

Anonymous December 23, 2009 at 10:38 am

I love it! It reminds me of an office dress I bought at a high-end department store when I was in my 20s. I disagree with some about the short length being just for the young. We petite (read short) people get tired of dresses that make us look like were wearing our mothers dress. I think the length would be just right, even for us 40-somethings.

Model Citizen aka Bonnie Rue January 4, 2010 at 3:18 pm

crazy cute and super classy. I love it!