A Few Quick Links for Monday

by Erin on June 7, 2010

Thanks to Anna (and Threads Magazine), I now know there is an iPod app for tracking your fabric stash. Dear developers: please make one for the Palm Pre & Android, too.

Has anyone heard anything about fashionstake.com? I am hoping it will be like kickstarter.com, but for clothing … but I'm not feeling their "democratize fashion" tagline when everyone in their promo picture is a skinny white model. What would be really useful is if they connected would-be designers with someone like Kathleen at Fashion Incubator for some real-world advice, but that may be wishing for the moon …

I still haven't written up the "How To Make Five Heidis and Not Go Crazy" post, but there's a video of me wearing one that I made in my Heidi binge. (For the Liberty obsessives out there: the lipstick I'm wearing is the incredibly bright MAC Liberty Petals and Peacocks shade.)

Did you know ModCloth is doing a literary anthology? I love it when sites do things Just Because It's Cool. Check out their submission guidelines here.

And I loved all of TrueUp's coverage of Quilt Market, and I am marking my calendar to watch for these Alexander Henry prints in the fall. Oooh!

Jane June 7, 2010 at 6:21 am

I also loved all the Alexander Henry posts. Lots of super awesome, interesting florals.

Sara June 7, 2010 at 7:50 am

Skimming the article you cited about FabricStash, it doesn’t sound like my thing.

I use iPhoto on my Mac and the Photo app on my iPod to store sewing-related pictures, and that works fine for me.

I’ve uploaded the Estimated Yardage Requirements for various garments on Flickr. Anybody who’d like to is welcome to download and use them however you please. Let me know in the Flickr photo comments if there’s a mistake, thanks!

Lianne June 7, 2010 at 8:46 am

Erin, I watched the clip! You have such a great voice!

Joni June 7, 2010 at 8:56 am

Oooo, the Alexander Henry! Their prints are some of my favorites. (My most awesome piece of clothing that I’ve ever made EVER was a skirt out of the Alexander Henry ‘Route 66′ print.) If he were an actual person instead of a design house, I’d probably marry him.

Stephanie June 7, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Erin, you are so fracking cute.

belphebe June 7, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I didn’t check the app link (yet), but I’d like to add the Palm Treo to the list of devices that could use a Fabric stash app.

Or perhaps not. If I don’t know what I have, maybe I won’t buy fabric!

ToilingAnt June 7, 2010 at 5:13 pm

You are both adorable and hilarious.

Anne Brown June 11, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Oh my goodness! I had no idea that you are Worknik! I follow you every day. Or did I hear about wordnik here? Hmmm…