Newest Heidi

by Erin on July 12, 2010

I'm really pleased with this Heidi (which I have been working on in ten-minute bursts for WEEKS, it's been so busy here). Even though it looks like nothing in the picture:

Heidi_Orange1

It's this lovely heavy cotton with a thin orange stripe. Think a cross between ticking and seersucker. Bought it from Fabric Mart Fabrics, very cheap!

I plan to wear it with a white sweater and an orange watch, or maybe an orange sweater and a white watch, and white penny loafers. And then I will eat a Creamsicle

Here's a closeup of the fabric/pocket:

Heidi_Orange2

See? Very subtle, for me. Except for it being ORANGE.

I also took some more pictures of previously-constructed Heidi dresses and will try to post some this week. Stay tuned!

Rina July 12, 2010 at 6:19 am

Could you take a picture of you actually wearing it? For those of us amateurs who can’t really appreciate just a dress on a hanger. Thanks :)

lorna July 12, 2010 at 6:29 am

Very nice…and so appropriate for a creamsicle! I just ordered this fabric on Friday, along with a few others at incredible prices :) It’s great to see a finished product!

Sheila / Out of the Ashes Collectibles July 12, 2010 at 7:06 am

Creamsicles! I thought I was the only one who loved them. Heck with the dress gimme a Creamsicle

A Sewn Wardrobe July 12, 2010 at 7:52 am

This is *so* lovely. I just adore simple sheath dresses like this.

LynnB July 12, 2010 at 8:04 am

They are called Dreamsicles where I live. And a sharp jolt of black patent leather, on your feet or with a skinny belt, would make the orange-and-white really sing.

Ev July 12, 2010 at 9:07 am

Lovely, and it appears to be meticulously constructed.

cb July 12, 2010 at 9:35 am

ooh i like! can’t wait to see pictures of your reconstruction..actually if you have a post in your archives that is of a reconstruction that would be great to see! i am new to the sewing world and i am loving it!

xo,
cb

Kristen July 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I second (third?) the motion that we get to see some of these dresses being worn! It’s always so much nicer!

also, you should be eating the orangesicle, for full effect. :)

Therea July 12, 2010 at 4:47 pm

love the dress and creamsicles. both are so yummy.

evalem July 13, 2010 at 10:12 am

I love the subtle creamcycle feel of this dress, but I agree with LynnB, you need contrast, not more of the same. Black patent leather or a darker shade of orange for belt and shoes would be a very nice finish. Also, I can’t believe you didn’t do any orange piping!

Hana - Marmota July 14, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I’m just eating apricot yoghurt and it goes very well together, too. :-) Very pretty.

jordan retro July 23, 2010 at 12:14 am

Very nice…and so appropriate for a creamsicle!