Sewing Spaces

by Erin on September 14, 2010

Denise at the Blue Gardenia is doing a series on Sewing Spaces on her blog, and I'm entranced.

I promised her I'd send her my writeup soon, but in the meantime, you should check it out.

Here's a quick teaser picture of some of my sewing books while you wait …

Bookshelf

Miss Sews-it-all September 14, 2010 at 6:31 pm

I love getting peeks into others sewing spaces! I always seem to find something to inspire me to get organized in my room.

em September 15, 2010 at 5:30 am

I love looking at other people’s sewing spaces, too. I did a virtual tour of my own sewing room on my LJ a while ago:

I’ve since re-aranged and upgraded pattern storage to a file cabinet, but it’s mostly the same.

KittyChair September 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm

De-lurking to say I love the American Maid figurine in front! I have The Tick and Arthur living in my sewing/craft area. Thrakkorzog used to live there too, but one of the cats took a deep disliking to him and he disappeared down a heating vent one day.

Joni September 15, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Cool! ‘Sewing Made Easy’ by Mary Roach is like my favorite of all time. I’ve got a slightly older, 1950s version – I got it at the state fair for a dollar – the next year I went back and found the 1960s update and bought it for my mom. That’s my go-to book for all kinds of things, including delicious eye candy!

Denise@thebluegardenia.com September 15, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Thank you for the mention, Erin!

Chantelle James September 17, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Thanks for the link! We just bought a house and I’m designing my 13ft x 13ft sewing room from the ground up, so peeks into other people’s rooms are very helpful.

Mary Beth September 18, 2010 at 6:38 am

I love the old sewing books, I’ve got more than a few…may favorite is an old knitting book from the 1940s, which I’ve actually used to crochet a hat. I need to finish that hat, wire it and then show it off to the masses!

suzanne antique lover September 20, 2010 at 10:09 am

Again thanks for the link.. we also just bought a new house.

maria grazia May 28, 2013 at 7:44 pm

E’ strabellissimo questo sito non pensavo ci fossero tante persone appassionate come me.Sto cercando anche di leggere il libro in inglese anche se faccio un po’ fatica a capire tutto