In Which The Blue Gardenia Puts Up With My Wiseassery

by Erin on October 27, 2010

Denise at The Blue Gardenia very kindly asked me to send her information about my sewing den for her sewing spaces project … you can check it out (with some slightly-off-kilter pictures) here!

I was a little tired and punch-drunk when I answered her questions, so I apologize for exceeding your RDA of facetious answers (if you're wondering, the RDA is 3 for adults, 1.5 for children).

Here is a special bonus bad-quality cell phone picture of shoeboxes full of notions, just for you!

CIMG0175

belphebe October 27, 2010 at 8:57 am

I love your answer about imposing order on the stash. Fantastic! And I’m glad I’m not the only one with an out-of-control sewing area.

Why do you have Canadian money hanging up? Hanging onto it for your next visit to Canada? Or do you just like the color? ;-)

Doris October 27, 2010 at 9:07 am

Great interview, and great photos!

I also cut my fabric on borrowed time. ;-)

Lacy October 29, 2010 at 11:30 am

belphebe – the canadian money was what caught my eye in that photo too! :) We do have colorful money up here.

Erin October 29, 2010 at 1:14 pm

I just went to Vancouver recently and loved it … the cash is to remind me to go back soon!

belphebe November 3, 2010 at 9:15 am

Let me know when you plan to come to Vancouver again! I’d love to meet you! And I can show you a fabulous fabric store here. I don’t know where all the fabric stores are, but I do know of one or two.

Satellitedesigns.blogspot.com November 18, 2010 at 7:55 am

I wish someday to have a collection of notions like this, and at the same time I don’t. But the feeling of wanting a collection of something as awesome as a notion collection greatly outweighs the fear of having constant mess. It must be great going through a box every now and then and rekindling loved notions that have been forgotten. Thanks for sharing :) I should do one of these too.

RuthSinger December 4, 2010 at 2:59 pm

ooh, i’m late to the party, but thanks for recommending my book!