The Obsession Returns

by Erin on February 9, 2011

My shirtdress obsession, naturally. Check this one out, from Tina at What-I-Found Patterns:

Simplicity_3442

Check out what a nice big size it is, and the lovely center pleat on the skirt … and the collar!

And don't forget — the first Secret Lives signing is tomorrow! I might be wearing a shirtdress. You'll have to show up to find out!

Andrea February 9, 2011 at 5:21 am

Thanks for sharing this dress! I just snapped it up and have the perfect stash fabric for it, a black and white tweedy linen/cotton blend for view 2.

susan d February 9, 2011 at 6:49 am

Slenderette…. Now there’s a word that isn’t used enough these days

Ellen February 9, 2011 at 8:44 am

I think that it is a gorgeous dress, man would I love to have it. It is impossible to find pretty dresses anymore. It is so cute that it is a size 22 1/2, but has a picture of probably a size 3 model. Wait, maybe it will make me “look” that small too. Maybe that’s what slenderette means. (Grin)

Moya Stone February 9, 2011 at 9:58 am

I love shirtwaist dresses and I have an expanding collection. In fact, I just had two custom made for me.

Eirlys February 11, 2011 at 12:59 am

Ooh, I hope the Secret Lives of Dresses signing went well last night! Would love to have witnessed your penning of one-line dress stories on the spot (what a great party trick that must be!). Did anyone film (or even take pictures)of the event? Guess you’ll tell us in the fullness of time…

Joyce February 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm

The collar is so cute! If you make this, please post pictures!

Stephanie February 16, 2011 at 11:20 am

I love the pleat in the front too! So precious!

Megan February 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Hi! I love love love your blog! (I know I seem excited with all these exclamation marks but I do love it). I taught myself to sew recently, mostly on vintage apron patterns,(lots of youtube and ruined bedsheets) but have quickly developed an obsession with making dresses from vintage patterns. I scour estate sales all summer long and my husband thinks I’m half mad. I feel I have found a kindred lost-in-time spirit.

Linda February 20, 2011 at 1:36 pm

My question is: why are our waists so much higher now??? I always thought that was called an empire waist. I am sooooooooooo confused. ;-0