I’m So Glad That You’re Mine (Almost)

by Erin on March 7, 2011

Thanks to Janet at ZimmersArmy, this pattern is now mine. Or close to mine, as soon as the USPS delivers it into my waiting arms. I believe the only appropriate reaction is "oh boy!"

There are pockets, people. And look at that yoke. And I'm going to make it in just that buttercup yellow with a teal suede belt and teal shoes (…. um, someday).

I love a dress that has a narrow front and gathers in the center back of the skirt. It always feels like a train to wear — you just sweep into rooms (if you're so inclined).

Check out the looks that these two are exchanging. What happens next? My guess is: what always happens next when two people spend a little too long looking at each other.

drMolly March 7, 2011 at 7:41 am

You are SO-O lucky! What a great pattern! And just my fav, too.

Shannon March 7, 2011 at 11:32 am

Those gals look just like two cats who are about ready to tear each other’s heads off. :) The dress is quite nice, tho.

Styleta March 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Loving the fashion blog just thought I’d stop by to show my interest. I’m actually part of a non-profit organization that sells designer clothes for cheap for a good cause. If you could check out the website I would greatly appreciate it thank you <3

Susan March 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm

That’s a fabulous pattern. I will look great on you . Please post a pic when you finish.

Packrat March 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Wonderful pattern! Lucky you. :) Be sure to post pictures when you get it made.

Cel March 8, 2011 at 4:55 am

Marvelous, classic, I can almost feel it on.

Susan D March 8, 2011 at 6:57 am

The look they’re exchanging says “I so wish you were mine, but it’s 1955 and so we’ll just have to remain silent. For now.”

Jennie March 8, 2011 at 7:54 am

I second Susan’s comment but I add silent for now…but looking fabulous-Great pattern!

Karen Rose March 8, 2011 at 11:17 am

Hey, Erin. Just finished your book this morning. That was a mighty fine piece o’ writing. I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to more, more, MORE!

Lynn March 10, 2011 at 9:48 am

Oh my! I LOVE that pattern! Lucky you!

Julie March 22, 2011 at 10:22 am

A fabulous great pattern! Lucky you :)

Laurel962 April 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I’m enjoying your blog! I’m a vintage fashion collector and have a few vintage patterns (and always enjoy looking at them!) but can’t sew to save my own life. My tendency as a young girl was to earnestly sew things …. onto my self. In Girl Scouts, I once sewed a “sit-upon” (little flat cushion) to my uniform. That was sort of it for me.

But I admire greatly your efforts to sew classic vintage clothes! Old patterns are just wonderful, as is the art on them. Keep up the good work!

(This one is a beauty. Wish you could make me one too!)