I’m So Glad That You’re Mine (Almost)

by Erin on March 7, 2011

Simplicity_4248

Thanks to Janet at ZimmersArmy, this pattern is now mine. Or close to mine, as soon as the USPS delivers it into my waiting arms. I believe the only appropriate reaction is "oh boy!"

There are pockets, people. And look at that yoke. And I'm going to make it in just that buttercup yellow with a teal suede belt and teal shoes (…. um, someday).

I love a dress that has a narrow front and gathers in the center back of the skirt. It always feels like a train to wear — you just sweep into rooms (if you're so inclined).

Check out the looks that these two are exchanging. What happens next? My guess is: what always happens next when two people spend a little too long looking at each other.

drMolly March 7, 2011 at 7:41 am

You are SO-O lucky! What a great pattern! And just my fav, too.

Shannon March 7, 2011 at 11:32 am

Those gals look just like two cats who are about ready to tear each other’s heads off. :) The dress is quite nice, tho.

Styleta March 7, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Loving the fashion blog just thought I’d stop by to show my interest. I’m actually part of a non-profit organization that sells designer clothes for cheap for a good cause. If you could check out the website I would greatly appreciate it thank you <3

Susan March 7, 2011 at 2:59 pm

That’s a fabulous pattern. I will look great on you . Please post a pic when you finish.

Packrat March 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Wonderful pattern! Lucky you. :) Be sure to post pictures when you get it made.

Cel March 8, 2011 at 4:55 am

Marvelous, classic, I can almost feel it on.

Susan D March 8, 2011 at 6:57 am

The look they’re exchanging says “I so wish you were mine, but it’s 1955 and so we’ll just have to remain silent. For now.”

Jennie March 8, 2011 at 7:54 am

I second Susan’s comment but I add silent for now…but looking fabulous-Great pattern!

Karen Rose March 8, 2011 at 11:17 am

Hey, Erin. Just finished your book this morning. That was a mighty fine piece o’ writing. I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to more, more, MORE!

Lynn March 10, 2011 at 9:48 am

Oh my! I LOVE that pattern! Lucky you!

Julie March 22, 2011 at 10:22 am

A fabulous great pattern! Lucky you :)

Laurel962 April 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I’m enjoying your blog! I’m a vintage fashion collector and have a few vintage patterns (and always enjoy looking at them!) but can’t sew to save my own life. My tendency as a young girl was to earnestly sew things …. onto my self. In Girl Scouts, I once sewed a “sit-upon” (little flat cushion) to my uniform. That was sort of it for me.

But I admire greatly your efforts to sew classic vintage clothes! Old patterns are just wonderful, as is the art on them. Keep up the good work!

(This one is a beauty. Wish you could make me one too!)