Today’s Pattern Story (and Sales): McCalls 9658

by Erin on May 27, 2011

Red: You may think I'm just casting a coy glance, but I'm really about to thwop my sister in the back of the head. It's okay, we've been doing this since we were kids.

Green: It's true. (Which explains my glassy, semi-dazed stare.)

Blue: Are those two idiots roughhousing again? I can't watch. I'll just stand over here and pretend I don't know them.

Today's pattern (and sale) is from Jen at MOMSPatterns — for Memorial Day Weekend, save 20% off all orders; use code 'thankyouvets' until midnight EST, May 31, 2012.  Jen's listing of 50s & 60s patterns plus 80s New/Old Stock items (if you didn't live through it the first time …)

Plus: bonus sale!

The Button Emporium & Ribbonry is having a Memorial Day Sale, too. Through June 1, get 15% off your whole purchase (minimum $10) with coupon code memorialday2011. Including those cool needlepoint buttons above. (I kind of want to put teeny LEDs in them, don't you?)

Oh, and hey, I'm in the UK. It's been kind of a hectic trip (hence the lack of notice & blogging), but if anyone wants to get together tomorrow [Saturday] evening, hit me up on Twitter — I'm @FakeErinMcKean.

PZ May 27, 2011 at 7:50 pm

That was maaarvellous…

Sandy Snowden May 28, 2011 at 2:01 am

oh, I wish I knew you were in the UK before Sat morning! I know this post wasn’t up here last night. But, I am having a sewing afternoon with friends today. and besides I don’t know how to do twitter.

If you come over again, tell me in advance. maybe we could work something out for meeting sewing friends and collegues. I teach in the fashion dept of a community college. I have set up that sort of event before with sewing people coming through Heathrow (not too far from me).
Sandy in the UK

Erin May 28, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I promise next time I’ll have more time and give more warning …

silver May 28, 2011 at 5:17 pm

What I really love about this story is that when you look at the pattern envelope after reading it, there could be no other possible explanation for those poses!

(And a divine dress to boot.)

lynneguist May 29, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Well, I’m assuming you’re not this far south–but if you ever are, I’ll certainly invite you for a cuppa! It’s been yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs since we’ve been in the same room.

ella May 29, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Hi Erin,

thought you might appreciate this blog, started by a lass from Melbourne. Dress stories!

30daysofdresses May 29, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Interesting. If you want to challenge yourself with dresses try wearing a dress, everyday in June.

On Twitter: