You gotta see this

by Erin on June 17, 2011

Anna June 17, 2011 at 10:17 am

I want the engineered skirt fabric. I love gored skirts. That’s a brilliant idea–designing the fabric that way.

SpaceDoll June 17, 2011 at 10:47 am

I LOVE Colette Patterns! The styles are so cute, and the wide range of sizes is great. I saw this dress on the forum, I think, or maybe on a review site. Sometimes I think novelty fabrics look cheap made into clothes, but this is just adorable! I really have to try one of those patterns.

Eirlys June 17, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Thanks for the shout-out, Erin!

Clare June 17, 2011 at 4:33 pm

About that engineered skirt fabric: At an ancient fabric store in Melbourne I once picked up some fabric that printed with two half-circles for a skirt, plus little bits of printed trim – pocket flaps, collars, button/ waist band. It was A-MAZING. I can’t becide if it’s better still on the bolt than made into a matching outfit.

Nicole from the fabulous Circa Vintage reckoned it was from the 50s.

Berenice Trickett June 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm

HA HA! I think my grandmother had her dining room chairs covered with that caftan fabric!!

anneland22 June 18, 2011 at 12:15 am

Yup. You nailed it. It is totally the styling.

leslie June 18, 2011 at 9:01 am

I checked out the Lisette dress and bought 2 copies of the pattern last night (2 sizes, one for me, one for my teenage daughter). Thanks for posting that link!

Lisa June 18, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Odd that she never shows that Catherine Ogust dress with the obi belt properly tied, though. I love her dresses, and with the belt, they are wonderfully cute and comfortable.

Joolz June 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Are you in someway getting paid for clicks in your posts these days. This whole post is just a group of links which seems weird to me.

Whilst writing the above I realised that I can’t remember any post recently that wasn’t simply an ad for another site.

Julie

Erin June 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Hi Julie, sorry you feel that way. I don’t get paid for clicks on links in the posts. (I do get paid for the ads in the sidebar.)

I’ve been pretty busy with my other job(s) lately and have not been blogging as much as I would like to. However, I still like to pass along interesting links that other readers (and also advertisers — although only one of the links above is to an advertiser, and Jen didn’t send me that link) send me, but I am not paid to post any of them.

April June 20, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I think I made that caftan as a home ec project, back in junior high school.