A Comic-Con Post

by Erin on July 25, 2011

No, I didn't go (sigh) — but Kristen did. In this dress:

See how awesome it is on? (And it has pockets!)

The fabric (from Spoonflower) is here.

Can't get enough Dalek dresses? Scope the one in this pic.

(And did you Whovians know Chameleon Circuit has a new album out? You probably did. The eleven-year-old fanboy in my house has been playing it for me all week. It's really good! I think you can hear it here; my favorite I think is "Everything is Ending".)

MB@YarnUiPhoneAppv1.5 July 25, 2011 at 5:42 am

I love it …blue and orange is a great color combination you don’t see often on dresses.

Angela Thornhill July 25, 2011 at 7:54 am

Adorable! Very 1960s – :) What a fantastic print!

Evalyn July 25, 2011 at 11:30 am

Kristin is showing off some pretty awsome pattern layout and print-matching skills. If you squint your eyes, the print blurs and all you see is the symmetry and balance of the white borders. Most Excellent.

Tess July 25, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Oh, I wish I was there… and that dress is perfect! Going to try to go next year, and that would be a great excuse to make the Steampunk/Victorian outfit I’ve been wanting!

Kate Garcia July 25, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I like the dress, too. this summer i tried my best to buy a shivering cotton dress, but i didn’t find one. i will buy a similar dress like yours.

Berenice July 25, 2011 at 9:37 pm

So jealous! I live in SD and get to see many of the costumes every year, but don’t have patience to fight the battle for tickets… You have to see it in person to believe all the work that many of the attendees put into their costumes. We were able to go last year on Sunday, just incredible! Love the dress Kristen! Have you ever tried to lay seam allowance line on fold of fabric to cut out bodice? It is easier to center lines/patterns in fabric. Try it on a scrap first, it works 99% of the time!

Kathryn July 26, 2011 at 5:48 am

I can’t even tell you how awesome that is. Congratulations to Kristen! 😀

Kristen July 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Thanks for the kudos and the tips! It was super fun to wear at the Con. Reports are surfacing that the Dr. Who fan turnout blew all others out of the water. YES! :)

Waiting July 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Oh! I wish I had seen her there. I would have asked for a photo!!

Ginny July 26, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Wow that dress looks awesome on her! Fits well, the fabric is amazing. Much better than on the dress form!

bonnie-ann black July 29, 2011 at 7:52 am

hahaha… i should have known! i was just about to send *you* a link from maryann’s site (i’ll send it anyway… she does a Doctor Who Thing of the Day).

Joni July 29, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Kristen is sort of awesome, I stalk her blog on a regular basis. Gah, this has got me wanting to make a Stunt Dress in the worst possible way.

Ally August 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm

This dress is awesome! I would wear it in a heartbeat :).

Puppyloveprincess August 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

That dress is incredible! My preschoolers would think it’s the coolest thing in the world!

Sarasota Seamstress August 10, 2011 at 8:13 am

My worst fears confirmed: fabric is awesome, and of course freaking expensive! Amazing job on the dress, Kristen!

Erin August 26, 2011 at 12:45 am

Oh I saw her at the Con this year! Not a Dr Who fan but I still thought it was an amazing dress. Never thought I’d get to see it again 😀

Ruby June 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm

This is awesome! And I watch Dr. Who too! I especially love the pockets :)