Ooh, links!

by Erin on August 31, 2011

Check out this great dress from Steph in Brisbane. I love everything about it:

Steph_leaflace_August2011

Her whole blog is worth a visit. (Thanks to Robin for the link!)

This dress at LanetzLiving includes a picture of the previous owner wearing her version! So. Cool.

McCalls_9878_August2011

ModCloth did a great blog post on Ms. Frizzle … a sartorial heroine, to be sure. (Thanks to Mary Beth for the link!)

NancyKay sent a link to this vintage ad — check it out:

BettyBarclay1951_August2011

MEDIA UPDATE: I'm not sure what the overlap is between readers of this blog and of Scalzi's Whatever, but if you missed his blog a couple weeks back, he named something after me. (Awesome, yes.) And if you want to hear my opinions on the word "swagger" (and who doesn't, really) you can check out this article. And you all know I regularly write for the Boston Globe, yeah? (A reader of my blog told me last week she had no idea, so ….) And Wordnik is powering words of the week in the Wall Street Journal. Whew. I think that's it!

MB@YarnUiPhoneAppv1.6 August 31, 2011 at 7:38 am

You’re mnst welcome on the Ms. Frizzle link. It’s too bad most teachers wear jeans instead of dresses these days! Just imagine the reaction a teach would have from her students if she wore that yellow Linsk dress to school one day.

daiyami August 31, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I’m Scalzi/dressaday overlap. :-)

Steph September 1, 2011 at 3:54 am

Hey Erin- Thanks for the mention, such an honor.

I didn’t know you write for the Boston Globe… Off to do some reading…

Cel September 2, 2011 at 6:19 am

Erin, you’re my favorite “read” most any day of the week, I love wordnik!!!

Adithis Amma September 5, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I like the chevron effect on the skirt part of the dress. Now a days my attention stays on skirt part, i can explain, well …

Please join the Month Long Celebration of SKirts @ Sew Skirt September

Thanks
Adithi’s Amma from Adithi’s Amma Sews

Eirlys September 8, 2011 at 6:01 am

Loving the inversion rule. So true! Does for all those SOH claims in lonely hearts ads. Now, if I say I’m luftmensch-ish (or luftfrau-ish) – Wordnik’s WOTD today – does that mean I’m not? Hoping so. ;) Very cool news about the Wall Street Journal too. Congratulations!

Stephc September 7, 2012 at 5:00 am

Hi erin, thanks so much for the link love! I moved to my own domain last year, the leaflace dress can be found here: http://3hourspast.com/2011/08/28/finished-object-leaflace-dress/

Erin September 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Oh cool, thanks for the update! Nice blog name, too. :-)