Fall Fabric Splurge

by Erin on September 19, 2011

Couldn't help myself — Sawyer Brook had Milly fabric:

Abid-Road

Such a perfect fabric for autumn, don't you think? Once the months start ending with "-ber," I start thinking about olive. For some reason olive just feels right for fall. I'm not sure what dress this will turn into, but it will probably be accessorized with tights, a scarf, a slice of pumpkin bread, and a cup of hot chocolate. (Or possibly a pocketful of leftover Halloween candy. Those orange-wrapped peanut butter chews, amirite?)

Of course, I haven't completely let go of summer yet … this was on sale, and it would take a much, much stronger woman than me to pass this up:

Cuidad_1

This might be another Simplicity 1577

What's your fall fabric splurge?

MB@YarnUiPhoneAppv1.7 September 19, 2011 at 6:32 am

Ooh…I love the 1950s-looking skyscraper pint. The yellow, blue and pinks are just calling my names! (And I have many.) I see this in a flirty full-skirted dress. But I don’t need this fabric, no I don’t.

Lauren September 19, 2011 at 6:50 am

I absolutely love the yellow and black! To quote one of my favorite movies: “it’s too cha cha for words!”

Happy Monday!

Lauren September 19, 2011 at 6:51 am

I meant OLIVE and black.

Jen O September 19, 2011 at 7:32 am

Is there a name or company for the skyscraper print? Autumn or not, that is a real cutie!

Frances September 19, 2011 at 9:24 am

The skyscraper one reminds me of Rhapsody in Blue in Fantasia 2000.

I’m trying very hard not to have a fall fabric splurge in September. There was a light plaid in crazy rainbow colors that really put me to the test this weekend… It would have made a fabulous shirt-dress, or even just a blouse…

But I really need to sew from my stash for a while. It’s not like I don’t have any projects planned.

Can’t wait to see how the olive dress turns out!

leahz September 19, 2011 at 9:31 am

that second fabric is right for right now and the next two months! Summer in the Bay Area is finally here. Don’t know if you really will be able to wear tights at Halloween as it is frequently hot…

Lynn September 19, 2011 at 10:00 am

I agree about olive and autumn. My fall fabric splurge? None yet. I’m having a hard time letting go of summer even though our weather right now is perfectly autumnal.

Erin September 19, 2011 at 10:10 am

Hi Jen! click on the image and it will take you to the sale page on Sawyer Brook.

Jamie September 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm

slippers…and I’m wearing them already…ahhhhhhhhh

Katie September 20, 2011 at 4:15 am

Well, it’s Spring here in Australia, but I’ve recently bought 5m of lavender cotton/linen, 4m of grey-blue with holly leaves and Christmas lights, 4m of spring green with coloured flowers and best of all, 4m of green with chickens!

Louise September 20, 2011 at 4:46 am

ooh they are both gorgeous. Fabulous finds.

limewindow September 21, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Gosh – that fabric in the first picture transported me back a decade – I made a pinafore from this fabric in DARK RED – it was gorgeous – so WHY did I give it away, I forget. Lovely to see it again!

kbeer September 29, 2011 at 10:45 am

Erin–
I just wanted to thank you for the heads up. I jumped on the fabric, thinking it would make a great 60s full-skirted shirtdress. My order arrived the other day and the fabric is just gorgeous. I might even attempt a covered belt with it…