Yum.

by Erin on July 10, 2012

Is it hot out where you are? I won’t incur the wrath of everyone east, north, and south of the Rockies by telling you how nice it is in the Bay Area. But if it’s hot where you are, you really need this dress:

Especially because it has these adorable pockets:

I’m not a huge fan of purple but I love the Easter colorway in this dress. Especially with that chartreuse-y green …

Click on the images to visit this dress at LuciteBox.com … Holly is having a sale to help replace her broken bike, use the code BIKE at checkout to get 25% off!

Peggy July 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Love the shape of this dress. The green save it from being too precious.

Lynn July 10, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Oooo! Love it! I’m not sure about those colors on me though. Anyway… off to look for striped fabric.

Cal July 10, 2012 at 11:41 pm

That is rather pretty!

Berenice July 11, 2012 at 6:32 am

Not wanting to incur wraths either, but this was not the best year to take a 3 week family vacation to Florida & Tennessee with sites inbetween. 116 degrees at Opryland! Flooded out by Tropical Storm Debby in Tampa… Monsoon dumping outside Albuequeqe (complete with lightening). People were kind and friendly, but there is no place like home! 68 degrees at the beach, 100 or so inland (San Diego). Cute dress, now I have to figure out details on pockets, grrr….

Holly July 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Hi! It’s Holly @ Lucitebox.
Erin–Thanks for showing off this dress! I appreciate you mentioning my sale. I had a “sister” to this dress that sold quickly. Both were from the same estate. Guess she liked her Easter egg colors. http://bit.ly/LNEUvX

Bernice–I might be able to help with the pocket description. Bear in mind, my sewing skills are toilet. The detail is 2 strips of fabric that are 6 1/2″ inches long and cut on the diagonal so that the stripes are oriented in that fashion. I guess you’d fold the fabric and cut that way. (Not sure if that makes sense.) Both strips (each 1/2″ wide) are sewn together and sewn onto the pockets. Pockets themselves have the stripes oriented horizontally.

I can totally empathize with anyone who had to endure the heat wave. Our weather was wretched–102 with a heat index of 115. I’m also a dog walker. I was outside every day last week 12-4:30ish. My bike broke so I had to ride my heavy mountain bike that I use in the winter. (I hate driving.) I am surprised I made it, pottering along in Chicago’s concrete jungle. Consequence–I’m really tan and not such a fan of that.

That sale is still on now. 25% off anything on the site. Today’s the last day. Thanks!

Berenice July 11, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Thanks Holly! I have a dress that is crying for that pocket detail! I am praying daily for relief for that side of the country… Just heard a news blurb that corn prices will jump because of drought and heat. Not to mention the loss of human lives, very sad.

Holly July 11, 2012 at 4:13 pm

It’s a really great detail and works so great with this width of stripe.
We’ve had relief as of last Saturday. When it dropped to 90ยบ that day, it felt a little like Fall. That’s a crazy thought but we were all fairly jubilant about it. My garden is happier, too!

Carpool_Cookie July 11, 2012 at 6:44 pm

That’s a great, great dress for someone with pretty arms. I love the binding around the collar, and meeting down the front of the bodice…really nice use of the stripes : )

Joni July 12, 2012 at 12:27 am

On a completely unrelated note… Airship Hostess Wedding Dress. You could poke your eye out with that peplum!

Erin July 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Oh Joni …. I could not resist that pattern! I have no plans to get married again and no need for this dress but I had to have this pattern. Wow.

Joni July 17, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Oh, YOU bought it. ;) Can I borrow it from you in about ten or twenty years when my daughters hit marriage age?

Erin July 17, 2012 at 7:10 pm