Today’s Pattern Story

by Erin on October 1, 2012

Plaid: I Vant. To Suck. Your BLOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Yellow: I wonder how my dress would look with a bow? Not red, of course, but maybe white? Or green? I’m getting hungry, I don’t know why Mina said we’d have lunch here, I don’t see anywhere to eat …

Pattern and sale today thanks to Jen at MOMSPatterns — use the code ‘hotsale’ to save 25% on all orders until midnight EST tonight, Monday October 1.

Evlayn October 1, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Poor dears. They both look like they could use a good meal. Their spines seem to be sagging from lack of food. Look at the toothpick arms, the tiny little waists. A little blood might be a good idea.

lsaspacey October 2, 2012 at 6:05 am

Nice Dracula reference, by using the name Mina too.

Joni October 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Holy crow. There’s arch, and then there’s murderous.

WendyBee October 3, 2012 at 2:28 am

Love the collar, especially with the bow.

Louise Mantel October 3, 2012 at 2:29 am

Amy, I think that’s a pattern that I used to make myself a medium blue wool dress when I was a teenager. The collar and sleeves had a lighter blue under collar and “under”sleeve. How fun to see that back.

Confession: I was a teen in the ’50′s. Best decade in the whole century to be a teen!

Silver October 3, 2012 at 10:50 pm

If only Yellow had twigged when they were trying on their dresses in front of the mirror and she noticed that Plaid didn’t seem to have a reflection…oh well at least now she knows why Plaid insisted on the wide neckline….

Katrina @ Edelweiss Patterns October 12, 2012 at 5:54 am

I say “Yes!” to the bow! One can never have too many bows on their clothing, especially if it happens to be a vintage dress. : )

Happy sewing!

Melanie October 16, 2012 at 3:42 am

I’ve seen that plaid chick before on other patterns – she has a very distinctively dark almost mono-brow look. Do you think they used real models to draw these patterns from life? Or is she a fantasy woman that some artist dreamed up and kept drawing over again? Was anyone’s mother/grandmother a pattern model? Maybe someone out there knows Dark Plaid?

Margot October 18, 2012 at 2:52 am

The top looks a lot like the Sassy Librarian Blouse over at Craftsy:

Love the Flea Market Fancy ones.

Girl #1 looks like Morticia Adams incognito.