The Hundred Dresses: Day 74

by Erin on August 15, 2013

This is my absolute favorite Vogue 9929:

Liberty Kalumba Vogue 9929 front

It’s a Liberty print, one that I’m pretty sure is called Kalumba. It’s twill — I have made two other skirts with it (one in a brown/turquoise, and one in a pale blue), and I have some if it in pale blue silk that someday, when I’m feeling invincible, I will cut into. (It is the most beautiful fabric in the world.)

I love these colors together:
Liberty Kalumba Vogue 9929 bodice

I like to wear this with a pale lavender cardigan and a bright orange belt, and I like that I was able to position the print just so on the bodice:
Liberty Kalumba Vogue 9929 print

The side zip is just ‘eh’:
Liberty Kalumba Vogue 9929 side zip

And the back:

Liberty Kalumba Vogue 9929 back

I wish I’d bought all of this fabric that was ever made … I still look for more from time to time.

Tricia August 15, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I bow to your pattern-placement skills! Love this dress in this fabric!

Suzanne August 15, 2013 at 9:48 pm

What a superb job of cutting that print for placement of the print design!

dulcet August 16, 2013 at 1:41 am

The front of that bodice makes me think of Wonder Woman!

peppermintpenguin August 16, 2013 at 9:17 am

Well placed bodice indeed.

I’m really surprised Liberty hasn’t hired you already – you surely do more marketing for them than anyone else!

chelle August 17, 2013 at 2:43 pm

This is my favorite of all of the dresses so far! It’s beautiful.

Amanda Mc August 18, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Hi, first I”M IN LOVE WITH THIS DRESS pattern. Is it possible to get this pattern anywhere? I noticed vogue no longer sells it but I love the bodice on this and no one seems to sell any patterns with this great square top design. :(

Erin August 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I don’t know of a modern pattern that’s quite the same, but lots of people have been asking, so I will ratchet up the pattern-finding machine. :-)

Nathalie August 22, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I love your fabric placement. I have this design (also in the twill but in a lighter colourway) which I have yet to use because I’ve been unsure how to work it. This looks so amazing that I can see myself finding inspiration (i.e. copying) this bodice placement!