The Hundred Dresses: Day 95

by Erin on September 5, 2013

This is another recent addition:

Frankenstein dress

This is a mashup dress, a Frankendress. It’s the bodice from this pattern:

AA4687

And the skirt from this one:

Butterick_8500

I didn’t do the little notch thing on the bodice, because I wanted something simple. I like the raglan sleeve, very comfy:

Frankenstein Dress raglan sleeve

Here’s the side zip:
Frankendress side zip

And the back:
Frankendress back

I was looking for something simple I could make quickly, and this really fit the bill. This was my first-draft version; I think it worked out well. I added a little too much room at the waist, so it’s slightly baggy in this picture, but otherwise it fits, and the deep skirt pleats make it fun to wear. In the next version I will attach the (added) pockets at the waist seam, too, because they get too heavy for just the side seam (what with all the stuff I jam into them) and I might also shorten the skirt another inch. But other than that it’s very wearable as-is!

This fabric is part of my Japan stash from back in 2008 … I think all I have left from that trip is the orange bandana print!

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: