Today’s Pattern Story: Simplicity 1194

by Erin on October 7, 2013

Simplicity1194

Floral dress: “I’d like to call today’s meeting of the Pissed-Off Jumper-Wearing Club to order.”

Black dress: “Hell no!”

Green dress: “Y’all go on ahead. I’m just gonna stare at things until they ignite.”

(From the Vintage Pattern Wiki here.)

Kathleen October 7, 2013 at 4:50 pm

This weekend I was working on a shirtdress- Butterick 5846. http://butterick.mccall.com/b5846-products-44664.php?page_id=155 I love the pleat & gather details on the bodice. It doesn’t work with a large print, though, because those are 1″ pleats and it seriously breaks the pattern of the fabric I was working with. And a circle skirt!

Made me think of you & your eternal quest for shirtdresses.

Dawn October 8, 2013 at 12:05 am

Ha!! Makes you wonder how they even agreed to meet in the first place. BTW are those sleeves on green dress, or has she laced herself up with ribbon like a ballet slipper?

Cathie Sue Andersen October 8, 2013 at 11:23 am

I so love these! Black dress kind of reminds me of a classy Bond girl. Just the sort he’s go for. Best!

Gail October 10, 2013 at 4:28 am

I just love love love the lack dress. I really need to try to make that one.

HOLLYWOOD HILLS COOKIE October 10, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I like that floral has loaded her day dress down with heavy rhinestone earrings and bracelets : ) Black Dress is like, “Well f$#* you…I’ve got a SCARF!”

Salome October 14, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Love this pattern! My favourites are definitely simplicity and Vogue patterns. Thanks for sharing! :)

Alice October 14, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I love those old patterns! :)

Scrapiana October 15, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Momentarily confused as in UK, ‘jumper’ means ‘sweater’, but I got there in the end.

Yes, quite a sullen bunch. Can’t think why with those lovely square necklines! – my favourite.

John February 1, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Cool patterns. My girl makes wedding and other styles of dresses…sometimes she will use a Simplicity pattern, or just do her own. It’s amazing how these dresses come into being just from a load of fabric and a focussed mind!