Happy Birthday, Holly!

by Erin on December 2, 2010

Yesterday was Holly’s birthday, and as a present she’s giving us all a sale:

Hollyflame

You have GOT to click on the link to see all the pictures of this stunner. Silk chiffon! Halter-neck! There has GOT to be some alternate universe where I wear this dress every day, right?

If that universe, for you, is this one, Holly’s sale is 25% off, and runs through midnight (CST) December 4th. Use the coupon code TEENAGER. (Because that’s how old she is, OF COURSE.)

[And we're still on the fundraising drive/Secret Lives poll:]

If we reach $1200 in donations by December 25, I will write a new "secret lives" story, that will include the top-two vote-getters below:

www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnwTh-MAv7VE01NHYjjmyCS5CrN52uT-OA December 2, 2010 at 7:04 am

My Barbie doll had that dress in 1961!

Hollyq December 2, 2010 at 9:54 am

Erin–Thanks for the birthday wishes! Kudos to you (and the dress’s new owner) for noticing how sizzling one is! The sheer, flowing chiffon really compliments the watercolor print on this textile. It seems like it would be a dream in motion.

If you find the alternate universe where you can wear this every day, let me know. I want to go to there. I hope there will be dancing and roller skating, too.

Sarah December 2, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Thanks for pointing out this dress, I was the one that ended up buying it after seeing it on your blog! I plan on wearing it to my company’s holiday party, and then to swing dancing! I go swing dancing usually twice a week (east coast swing, lindy hop, charleston, and balboa). I’m always looking for dresses and skirts that twirl nicely while dancing :-)

Gal Friday December 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOLLY!

Everyone needs at least one dress like this! Sarah has to post a link to a party pic after the holidays : )

(Am trying this after logging onto my spare facebook account…I miss my avatar! signed – - – Cookie)

Holly December 3, 2010 at 6:35 am

Thanks, Cookie! Long time no see–hope you’re doing swell.

Sarah, I’m shipping the dress to you today. It will be such fun to dance in this dress. I, too, want to see a party photo!

aimee December 6, 2010 at 12:58 am

i couldn’t agree more, holly..every girl should have a dress like that..silk chiffon,halter-neck..great colour too. where are the summer days..i imagine a fancy event to go wearing that dress and some high heel shoes..