Laura Ashley?

by Erin on March 22, 2011

via www.lauraashley.com

I didn't realize Laura Ashley still made dresses (I was still thinking of them as your go-to for floral tissue-box covers) but hey, here's one, and it's lovely. Big pockets! Cap sleeves! Blue flowers!

I didn't check if they ship to the US, and it's on the expensive side in pounds anyway (I always want to write "pounds sterling" — I'm sure there's a difference, but I've never been enlightened as to what that difference is).

Someone very nice sent me this link. I can't find the email now. Take credit in the comments, please!

Fizzygood March 22, 2011 at 5:27 am

It’s just to distinguish it from other currencies that use pounds (there are some others), as well as pounds in weight. It’s kind of like saying ‘American dollars’ to distinguish them from Canadian/Australian/etc. dollars.

Alice March 22, 2011 at 5:41 am

This season Laura Ashley have teamed up with People Tree for lovely prints on fair trade clothing. I’ve already got the floral shift dress – it’s fab!

bani March 22, 2011 at 7:06 am

Oooohhh Erin have YOU been missing out – they often have very lovely lovely dresses they do. I just look though.

tammy o. March 22, 2011 at 7:43 pm

this is lovely. very ladylikeand very modern as well.

Emily Jayne March 23, 2011 at 11:35 am

Ooh, I do love a Laura Ashley frock! Sometimes I think I’m the only person in their 20s that shops their, but they invariably have an array of floral full skirted numbers, and thinking about it, every dress I own from there has pockets. Bonus!

Kate in England March 26, 2011 at 8:11 am

I posted the link in the comments on the eyelet dress post, so it might have been me! There is some weird US/UK Laura Ashley copyright thing going on – I noticed recently that all the McCall’s Laura Ashley sewing patterns are specifically for sale in the US only, which is very odd, I’ve never come across that in a pattern book before. So they may not be allowed to ship to the US.

Cristina Haines May 20, 2011 at 11:19 am

This fabric is to die for! How pretty!