So I posted about this new-to-me pattern a couple weeks ago, and haven’t posted since because I am just too busy making more of them. I’ve made (mumble-mumble, counting on fingers) five? since that first one, and I have another one cut out on the sewing table. Yeah. It’s that kind of dress — so easy to make, and best of all, in the new (shorter) skirt length, it can be made up in just under two yards of fabric, two and a half if it’s 44″ or under. Which means there’s SO MANY pieces of fabric in my stash that were too small for my shirtdress phase that are all jumping up and down shouting “make me! make me!”
Like this one:
This is an old piece of seersucker that I’ve had *forever*. Every couple of years I’d haul it out, thinking “surely there’s enough for THIS project” only to be sadly disappointed — until now.
Likewise this piece of lovely heavy cotton — I think it was bought from the Britex remnant table in a spasm of hope:
I didn’t do the self-bias trim on this version, since the fabric was so heavy and stiff — this is finished (by machine, even!) with plain ol’ white bias tape.
This dress is great for biking to work; the skirt is easy to pedal in, and being sleeveless, it’s nice and cool on the bike, but I can cover up with a cardigan in the office. And it’s easy to dress down with sneakers, or make fancier with a belt and nicer shoes.
More pictures this week as I wear more of the new versions …