- Church Lady, in Church Crowns-style hat. Bonus points if the hat is part of a monochrome ensemble, where the hat was clearly decided upon FIRST.
- Old dude wearing a Kangol. Extra points if it’s with a suit and tie.
- Unironic Stetson, when paired with a belt buckle that was achieved through some display of testosterone.
- Smiling baby in sun hat. (Tied with cranky baby trying to pull sun hat off and throw it out of the stroller.)
- Tween or teen in ironic-cute animal, cartoon, or cartoon-animal knit cap. Earflaps optional, but appreciated.
- Full-on vintage perch hat with veil.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s hats. All of them. But this one in particular.
- Dude in a porkpie hat who knows it’s faintly ridiculous, but is okay with wearing it anyway. [NB: this set should include all wearers of porkpie hats]
- Doctor Who in a fez.
- Everyone, in propeller beanies.
6 thoughts on “Hats, Ranked By How Much I Enjoy Seeing People Wearing Them”
I just looked through that Crowns book at our library a couple of weeks ago! I loved looking at the hats and I loved the stories about them even better.
You would LOVE my in-laws. MIL plans her outfit around her hat every Sunday, and FIL has Kangol hats in every shade of the rainbow. My personal favorite was when she wore a red, beaded suit with a white shell and red, feathered hat to match his white suit with red shirt, white tie, and white cap.
Oh! And he had on red, snakeskin shoes!
Your in-laws sound fabulous.
I hope you had as much fun writing this as I did reading it.
Horray!! My hat made your list…#6 is from my shop. Love your blog!
Lady Eve Millinery