[great pic by Amit Gupta]
Does everyone have a list of 'to-sew' ideas? Here are the ones that are topmost in my mind right now:
1. A black cotton circle skirt (with pockets, and a contour waistband), with a wide band at the hem. I want to cover the band with either little studs, in a kind of paisley pattern (with a transfer? I don't know) or with a pattern of grommets. I think the studs or grommets would weight the skirt nicely …
2. An orange cotton shirtdress. And by "orange," I mean ORANGE. I have the fabric, I just need the time.
3. A khaki camouflage shirtdress. Again, have fabric but no time. And it's hard to be motivated to sew lightweight things in Chicago in December.
4. A dark teal dress with a pleated skirt. I have a pattern for this and the fabric, but I need to find the right fabric to face the neck with, because the facing shows. (I'm thinking Liberty, but, then again, when am I not thinking Liberty?)
5. A Duro Jr. made in five different colors of jewel-tone silk shantung.
6. A camouflage twill circle skirt with a deep camo ruffle at the hem. I know, I know, I wear more camo than the First Armored Division, but what can I say? I like it. It makes me happy.
7. Something with the crazy big print fabric I bought from Waechter's.
8. A gray corduroy dress. Wide-wale. Have fabric, but no pattern. "NOT a jumper, patch pockets" is as far as I've gotten in finding the pattern.
9. A skirt with a faux-argyle pattern done in applique, embroidery stitch, and applied ribbon. (Do I know how to do this? No.)
10. Something with that brown roses fabric I bought a million years ago. It just sits in my sewing room and TAUNTS me.
Well. That's roughly three years of sewing. What's on your list?